Total Ascent : 1900m / Total Descent : 1900m
- Official race start at Medina Lauxa Municipal Stadium: 09:15.
- Cross over railway line and begin steep ascent.
- Undulating track to 10km mark and natural mountain water deposit.
- Continue to town of Zagra at 17km mark.
- Pass through town on tarmac and ascend to CP1 (20km) at Bar Chicago in Ventorros de San Jose.
- Continue on tarmac approx. 4km to right turn and sharp ascent on track.
- Descend on zig-zag tarmac to road junction at approx. 31km.
- Turn right on main road for approx. 1km.
- Hair-pin left turn onto undulating track that climbs to CP2 (35km).
- More undulating track before descent on tarmac and right turn on ring road of Huetor-Tajar.
- Continue approx. 1km to Huetor-Tajar Sports Center and CP3 (42km).
- Level tarmac leads to track section and 2km climb to main road to Loja.
- Undulating tarmac to outskirts of Loja and a small industrial estate at approx. 52km
- Take track around edge of mountains and descend past railway station at 54.5km.
- Final 1km of tarmac into Loja Sports hall and Finish (55km).
Note: Route and itinerary are subject to change depending on weather and natural changes to the environment throughout the year. Final elevation gain / loss, Checkpoint Distances / Closing Times will be confirmed at registration.
Marked route maps will be issued. The route will be marked every 200 – 500m, monitored by Check Point teams and patrolled by marshals.