Ultima Frontera Trail is a single-stage ultra-marathon in Southern Spain consisting of 3 different race distances: 55km/83km/166km. There are tough climbs, 55km: +- 1,900m; 83km: +-2,760m; 166km: +-5,520m, and technical trails in the beautiful Fall weather of Andalucia.
- Self-sufficient with drop-bag transport available for 83km/166km competitors.
- Route markings, route map, race marshals, and aid stations approximately every 15km.
- Medical staff and emergency support.
- Through the northern Granada province, known as the Last Frontier of Moorish Iberia, and historically referred to as Al Andalus. The route takes you to a number of the fortified towns which made up the final line of defense of the Moorish empire.
- 55km finishers – 1-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 83km finishers – 2-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 166km finishers – 4-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
Ultima Frontera Trail is a spectacular race through ancient olive groves and Mediterranean countryside. The combination of the route and the camaraderie of ultra-running competitors from all over the world make this day memorable. Have a look around the website and register for 2014. We look forward to seeing you in October.