Ultima Frontera is a single-stage trail race in Southern Spain with 4 different race distances: 21km/55km/83km/166km. There are tough climbs, 21km: +-800m / 55km: +- 1,900m / 83km: +-2,760m / 166km: +-5,520m, and technical trails in the beautiful Fall weather of Andalucia.
- Self-sufficient with drop-bag transport available for 83km/166km competitors.
- Route markings, route map, race marshals, and aid stations approximately every 10-15km.
- Through the northern Granada province, known as the Last Frontier of Moorish Iberia, and historically referred to as Al Andalus. The route takes you to a number of the fortified towns which made up the final line of defense of the Moorish empire.
- 55km finishers – 1-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 83km finishers – 2-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 166km finishers – 4-point qualifier for The North Face® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
Ultima Frontera Trail is a challenging race through the scenic Granada countryside. The combination of the route and the camaraderie make this event memorable. Browse around the website for more information and then click “register” for 2014!