Ultima Frontera is a single-stage trail race in Southern Spain with 4 different race distances: 21km/55km/83km/166km. There are tough climbs, 21km: +-800m / 55km: +- 1,900m / 83km: +-2,760m / 166km: +-5,520m, and technical trails in the beautiful Fall weather of Andalucia.
- Self-sufficient with drop-bag transport available for 83km/166km competitors.
- Route markings, route map, race marshals, and aid stations approximately every 10-15km.
- Through the northern Granada province, known as the Last Frontier of Moorish Iberia, and historically referred to as Al Andalus. The route takes you to a number of the fortified towns which made up the final line of defense of the Moorish empire.
- Gift bag and technical shirt
- 55km finishers – 1-point qualifier for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 83km finishers – 2-point qualifier for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
- 166km finishers – 4-point qualifier for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® UTMB.
Ultima Frontera is a challenging race through the scenic Granada countryside. Browse around the website for more information and then click “register” for 2015!